Friday, December 22, 2006

Puzzled Indian

My current job requires me to entertain people of all races. Mainly Chinese, Indians, Bangladesh-es, Thais, Myanmeses and Malays.

Dont ask me what I am working as. I wont tell you that my job requires me to sit at the desk and smile like an idiot to people who half the time dont understand a single fuck I am talking about.

Take for today as an example. Mr Indian With A Mole came in and requested for some changes. After half an hour of chicken-talking-to-duck conversation, I finally settled his case.

I tried explaining to him the details. One thing I dont understand is why he must keep shaking his head from left to right. I thought he didnt get what I was saying. So I tried explaining clearer, this time breaking my fake-chim-chim ang moh into simple english broken up into pieces.

Again he keep shaking his head left to right. But this time he was saying "yes, yes"

Nah beh Tamagochi~ I thought saying yes was suppose to be a nodding action. Why must Mr Indian act so extra?

Ok, it's still working hours. Time to get back to smiling like an idiot.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe he's got a medical condition that causes him to shake his head uncontrollably. Haha...

Daphnicious said...

Hmmm, I have such clients too. So, the tactic is to listen carefully. CONCENTRATE!

Anonymous said...

yaohui - duh i tout so too. but den i tink most indians i saw over there talk in same way haha. tink they used to shakin head le bah

dap - BUFFY! wa i so long no see u lo. ya dont wori. i will pay full attention to their needs de :)

Anonymous said...

Go read the website on india culture.. the indians over there - shake head means yes. nod means nope..
different from singapore..

Anonymous said...

serious? how come u knw so much sia wahaha. somethin must be wrong~

Anonymous said...

Anyway, I think you are in a mode of happy no matter what you do now....That's most important...enjoy before the dark =P