Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Karma Bites When You Try To Act Smart

I know for one thing is; I am a smart ass but I never seem to make the right decision.

Ok now that makes people awing at me and saying I am stupid. Seriously I think I should have a contention for being the biggest idiot. Ever.

The scenario here is I have an option to choose an elective for this semester. Unlike other people who decides to spurn their money on learning new things, I decided to invest mine in choosing modules which I know that I can score.

For example in this case is taking Mandarin. This thought came across once but I decided to forfeit this smart idea cause having a Chinese in Mandarin courses would be equivalent to seeing a retard taking driving lessons. It just makes him dumber.

And so the very next best idea would be taking those Year 1 English courses. Well for one, I took a similar module back two semesters ago. Imagine having Japanese, Koreans and some random non-English speaking people in the course; it's when you know you can score.

I mean in general, my English sucks. Proven and backed up by the fact that I had a C6 for "O" Levels. But somehow, I managed to score a 6 in that module which is equivalent to perhaps a Silver Medal?

Because of this, it furthers fortified my wish to take up another similar English module for this semester, in an attempt to pull up my GPA.

First lecture of this English module, seeing more of these Japanese, Koreans and non-English speaking people was what I hoped.

In reality, what greeted me was these HUGE CHUNKS OF ang mohs attending the lecture with me. Suddenly, I felt like a tuna swimming in between sharks. I look juicy.

I think, my hope of scoring a 6 or 7 in this module has somehow, become far beyond my reach. Making things worse, my first assignment is to write a blog entry of 200 - 300 words.

If need be, I seriously wished I can just copy and paste any of my previous entries and just submit it. But I seriously doubt the ang mohs would understand vocabs like "Chee", "bye" and perhaps "Kan-ni-na".

Sigh.....

8 comments:

Unknown said...

hahaha...

suddenly u just wished there's hokkien courses or swearing courses hor? :P

Anonymous said...

noooooo. whoooo sayssss i swear????????????????????????????

im just making use of renowned open adjectives to show that i am a hokkien.

P.S. I hate profanities. Pffftttt. Its just so not me =)

Horny Ang Moh said...

Hi! Compared to me ur English is so much better then mine! My English is real sucky!!!
BTW tq very much for dropping on my site! Oh! I got another site http://horny-ang-moh.blogspot.com/ English also very sucky wan but not so 'hor ny'!!!
Have a very nice day!

Anonymous said...

haha.. ur blog is ever so entertaining. i m sure u ll come up with sth..

not that profanity and al is cool

but i guess, you could inject some "asian" words and the explain it.. haha.. not direct translation though

esther

Old Beng said...

Really wanted to help but all my posts consist "lim peh ka li kong" and "lim peh kong wan liao", guess they will not fit into your requirement

Anonymous said...

horny angmoh - lol ur english where got bad. i think its more of u deliberately wrote it in this way. hmmm

esther - cannot direct translation la. it sounds damn crude n weird. sayin in hokkien still has its own taste lol

old beng - you have ur own style mah. i think its cool also. LIM PEH KONG WAN LIAO.

Anonymous said...

its alright to inject some asian words, trust the good english speaking man, you will score...copy and paste on the doctor without the nurse..LAST ENTRY was hilarious...I almost fell off my office chair..

if not, why dont they ask you to write a report of 200 to 300 words instead of a blog?

come on, use your brain once a while before your arse takes over the control...haha

Anonymous said...

its alright to inject some asian words, trust the good english speaking man, you will score...copy and paste on the doctor without the nurse..LAST ENTRY was hilarious...I almost fell off my office chair..

if not, why dont they ask you to write a report of 200 to 300 words instead of a blog?

come on, use your brain once a while before your arse takes over the control...haha