Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Enchant of LOTR


If you have never ever watched Lord of the Rings before, go back to your planet please, you Plutonian.

To me, LOTR is a movie you should watch at least once in your life. Forget about Barney or Sesame Streets. They are suitable for you if you have an average IQ of 50. Grab some episodes of Power Rangers to go with that as well.

Never mind the fact that LOTR offers no Hobbit women posing naked, Orcs giving blow jobs or Elves eating kachang puteh; for the pure scenic view of this film is equally enchanting and orgasm inducing.
Ever since I first watched the three episodes of LOTR, and the subsequent watching-it-again-3-more-times, I knew that I just had to go and see for myself, these breathtaking moments. And what better chance to do it since I am already in Australia and this will be my final semester?
But well, all along it has just been an idea. Till yesterday when something struck me and I decided to turn this idea into action. I did a search on the filming sites, check out the air fares, transport, as well as the accomodation.
Guess what? Air fares from Australia to NZ is priced at just SGD 500. And since I am on a budget, and most of the time will be on the road, I decided that a caravan will be most appropiate.
In this way, not only will transportation problems be solved, accomodation has also found its footing. And the best thing is, a renting of a 6 person caravan (with showers, toilets, kitchen and 6 beds inclusive. I know it sounds crazy. If you see someone driving a mini 4-room HDB flat around NZ, that will be me) comes at about SGD100 daily. So if I can pull 5 more idiots to come with me, the average price per head will be enough to make even KFC look expensive.
The current plan will be to land on Christchurch (east of South NZ) and travel in a clockwise direction. And of course since it's a budget trip, there will be no staying in luxury motels nor eating in fancy restaurants. Meals will be settled in the caravan and so of course, you sleep in the caravan as well.
Am I getting you excited?
You better not be.
A draft plan is always supposed to sound nicer. In reality, it may rain everyday, your fridge spoils all of a sudden, the beds are infested with bugs and your tyre punctures. And who knows, this post may be just a dream as well, and instead of taking a flight to NZ, I might be taking my flight back to Singapore where I can go Orchard instead.
Well, we shall find out in June. Tsk...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Last time I went to Auckland, it costed me AUD 432 return via Qantas. I think Jetstar to Christchurch is very cheap. Check that out. By the way, if you drop by Auckland, let Chin Fei know. He'll be pleased to bring you around the small city. (If you're coming to Melbourne leh, then tell me la!) After all, you've 'served' us well when we were at Brisbane last winter. :)

The One They Proclaimed Qiang said...

i think we wont b heading to auckland after all since u described it as a small city.

and yeah, i think amy did most of the 'service'. all i did was talk to u guys which i label it as,
F-O-C.

Anonymous said...

hw can a road trip involvin lotsa beautiful pictures taken w/o ur 'pretty assitant'?

Anonymous said...

lol. WHERE? WHEREEEE?

WHERES THE PRETTY ASSISTANT?