Wednesday, July 02, 2008

New Zealand Highlights

If I were to conclude my experience on the 10 days New Zealand trip, I can say it's filled with many first time experiences for me.

Driving on snow. - Checked.
Driving when it's snowing. - Checked.
Experience the coldest weather. Ever. - Checked.
Puncture my fuel tank. - Checked.
Killed a living rabbit. - Checked.

Yes, I punctured my fuel tank and killed a rabbit on the very same day itself.

You see, driving at night in New Zealand can be so scary since it's pitch darkness out there and the only source of light I have is from my car's headlights. But that didn't stop me from hitting an average speed of 110km/h at times.

Before I can react to anything, out pops this rabbit infront of me and the next thing I know, I heard a bang followed by a familiar jerking of the car which is pretty similar to crossing a hump and there you have it; I killed my very first rabbit.

Speed regulations are pretty strict in NZ. 50km/h means 50km/h, 70km/h means 70km/h. But for a 100km/h speed limit, it means anywhere from 100 - infinity.

For the fuel tank, it was pretty much the very same case except this time round, instead of a rabbit, there was this huge rock infront of me and it concludes how I punctured my fuel tank and had to spend 2 hours the next day to have it repaired. Luckily the car had insurance and there was no need for me to pay anything.

All in all, I can only say that I am glad I went for this trip, spending a total amount of just 1.4k SGD inclusive of everything. Anyway, I am damn tired now so enjoy the pictures.




I was just mimicking Matrix. On the back is Baldwin Street which is the steepest street in the whole world.









Below is at Deer Park Heights and was said that Legolas shot an arrow from here at the very same spot that I am standing. In my opinion, this place is definitely a must go if you ever visit South NZ.



Fox Glacier.










The pictures here are just a fragment of what I posted on Facebook which has about 200 pictures. I am too lazy to upload them here. Currently I am having flu and fever and that explains my non chalant way of blogging.
Will elaborate more on my trip if I have the chance.
By the way, I passed my exams =) Now I can really head back home on 7th July. Ha. Ha.
Time to burn up the books.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrads dude..
c ya @ home!

The One They Proclaimed Qiang said...

yeah, see me at home too

Old Beng said...

You photo-taking skill is darn tok-kong, nice.

Since I praised you, shouldn't you buy me a makan back in Singapore?
(time is bad so trying to have a free meal)^^""

The One They Proclaimed Qiang said...

haha no la. jus okok only.

i also wan free meal. u treat me leh lol