Tuesday, February 27, 2007

2nd Day Back In Australia

Before I came back to Australia, I was a bit sianz.

Before I came back to Australia, I was a bit sianz because I know when I reach here, I had quite a number of things in hand to settle. Those things are sianz till I dont even feel like typing out what there are cause they really make me sianz.

Surprisingly, I actually managed to complete all these gan-si-lang-sianz things by the 2nd day.

If you are smart enough, you will know I meant today.

One of this gan-si-lang-sianz thing was to look for a new house. Surprisingly I actually found one so fast. Lao Jiao 就是 Lao Jiao (Old Bird - Experienced).

Last semester when I first came here, I spend a total of 7 days before I finally found my ideal place. And some thing to note. The renting market then was that there were more houses or rooms than potential renters.

And this time round, I spend only 2 days looking for the ideal place. And something to note. The market now is hot till for every rooms or houses that are renting out, at least 6 people are interested in renting it.

I was petrified. I was nervous. I was worried.

But I didnt ka-lang-ka-bo (Make a mess out of things).

In this kind of winner takes all situation, its when being a True Singaporean At Heart will emerge as winners.

The advertisement said to call after 5pm. I called at 330pm.

The owner said to come and view the house at 7pm. I arrived at 6pm.

The owner said to wait for his call to see whether I will get the room next day at 9am. I called him at 830am.

The owner said Maybe I will get the house. I threaten him and said I got another offer in another place. If he doesnt want to rent it out to me, I will get the other place.

I lied.

He believed.

Now I am at my new home =)

Thats how Singaporeans always con Vietnamese.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The renting market then was that there were more houses or rooms than potential renters."

this statement means a master cover-up for your inability to find a better room with at least a "room door attached"..

This also means your new landlord didnt con u but had found a new sporean sucker who is paying for more than what he can get in toowong "walk-up apt"..hahaha

Anonymous said...

nono. you are jus plain jealous in my ability to find a gd place within a short period of time. wahaha. no need jealous. i will teach u how to do it nx time..

why do i have a brother who gets so easily jealous of me?

too smart is a sin...