Sunday, December 09, 2007

The Longest Dinner Party.. Ever

We have this certain system that works in our sandwich shop. For everything you break, you have to pay a certain amount of money which will be contributed to our christmas party.


Yesterday, we had this certain christmas party which in overall, I have contributed 9 bucks. 2 bucks for a stupid broken cup and yeah, 7 for the lengendary can-opener. I was amongst the bottom lowest ranking paying personnel. Some of the top ranking people included smashed cakes, shattered plates and flying glass bottles. Geez. How clumsy can people get?


Anyway yeah, it reads christmas party but do not ask me why we had this party 2 weeks in advance of the actual date. I told ya Aussies are inefficient. But when it comes to partying, they are in line for the next most hardworking oscar awards.


I am still suffering from a slight hangover from last night. The night which marks the longest dinner and earliest drinking party ever.


The commencement of the party began at around 5pm at our bosses' place (married couple of australian and singaporean) when it was still all bright and sunny. By then, we were already starting to drown ourselves in toxification of the body. As expected, by 6pm, there were already glowing red faces hovering around the house.









Oh, in preparation of what you guys are going to see later on. I would just like to inform that my boss is a chef specializing in fine dining, or so-called food that makes people slightly more full than a prata kosong.


The first appetizer came at 530pm. Mushroom chicken on top of this small crust. No wonder its called the appetizer, I can eat 4000 of this inclusive of the 2 bottles of beer I had earlier.


But through this first course of the day, I finally know my boss is really a chef. And a fine one indeed.






2nd dish of the day. Some potatoe thing on top of half a mushroom. The good thing I like about these first 2 dishes is that it goes stright into my mouth. Damn gooooddddd.

And the best thing is, all these free meals and unlimited flow of alcohol for just 9 bucks =D





3rd meal of the day, his famous duck puffs showered in plum sauce.

For a moment, I thought I was in heavens from my first mouth of this duck puff. Or could it be the beers?



If you guys thought this was the end, you were wrong. I was wrong. At around 8pm, my aussie boss was seen busy grilling random food on the BBQ pit. Looking at the food and the earlier impression he gave me, I know I was in for a treat. For 9 bucks. Pffftttttt... Cheaper than Mcdonalds. Fuck burgers from now on.





When it was all done, it was already 930pm. The background picture shows my lady boss. She was knocked flat out by then from all the drinks. This situation I like best, one less competitor to share the food with.
I am evil, I am Singaporean.


Judging from the picture, I know for certain one of my friends would have guessed what it is.
Lambchops with truffle sauce. Do not ask me what the fuck truffle sauce is. I only know its quite expensive and taste helluva fucking Nice with a capital 'N'.


An imitation of our local Satay. I guess my boss knows it can't be compared to the authentic ones. So he says that it is just chicken on a skewer.
Duhhh, Australians sure knows to find excuses.



Juicy, tenderlising pork. One of the nicest I eaten and its style of cooking is pretty similar to the chinese method.





Prawns and sotongs. And guess what, I contributed to this dish. I peeled the prawns earlier on in the shop. I don't care what you say! I am half a chef! Screw you!



Mango Salad.
I was actually kinda looking forward to this one cause my colleague from China was telling me how nice it is, so on and so forth. Apparently they had this similar dish at the last year's christmas party as well. So by popular demand, my boss specially made this certain dish again.
Just by eating the first mouthful of it, I realised a fact. People from China do not know how to taste food. Enough said.



I've grown to like salmon during my short 1 and a half years stay in Australia. Look at the picture and you will know about the quality of the food yourself.

Finally, the picture of the staff of our sandwich shop =D




Just for a note, dinner ended at around 10pm before we carried on drinking till 1am. Picture consists of Singaporeans, Malaysians, Koreans, Chinese and Australians.

Needless to say, at the end of the night, it is once again proven that Australians are the reigning party animals with their in-born skills of drinking beers and spirits like water.

With my lady boss and me as the only Singaporeans around, and the fact that she was knocked out very early, it was up to me to carry my country's honour on my shoulders. I didn't win but I didn't lose badly either.

I shall not find any excuses for losing.

It's not that I can't drink anymore. I just ate too much.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

u lied about ya haircut... u arsehoooole...

Anonymous said...

i didnt lie.

it was indeed short.

but somehow, it grew back in within.. like 1 week?

Anonymous said...

and one thing to note. i only welcome Mr ronaldo back.

i didnt say i had the same hair length as him hahaha.

so technically i aint lying.

I WIN!

Anonymous said...

lambchops~!!

that refering to me?? Haha.. Piang.. I quit my job over here and go over there and look for work..

Anonymous said...

yea you are the only weird friend i hav that loves lamb cutlets haha.

btw. after eatin my boss's cookin. i think i like it as well =D