Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Presentation, Conquered

As quoted by me once, "In an era of war, even the greatest fighter has to have the maximum rest to perform at his maximum capability."

Prior to my presentation this morning, I took note of the fact that in order to perform at my best, I should rest early the night before. So at exactly 11pm yesterday night, I found myself switching off my lights and lying on my bed.

1130pm: Ok, I wonder how the presentation will be tomorrow morning.

12am: Great, I can feel myself falling asleep soon as long as I can get the ah chek who stays next door to stop his coughing.

1am: This is weird. The coughing has stop, his snoring has begun, I am still not falling asleep.

2am: I have counted 1000 sheeps, not including the fact that I restarted my counting 3 times as I lost track of the number of sheeps in the farm.

3am: Is the clock on my handphone spoilt? How come it reads 305am now?

4am: Is the sun rising? I think even with my degree of myopia, I am seeing some trails of sunlight coming from my window. And I am suppose to wake up at 6am.

And yes, I did fell asleep after that, literally knocking myself out with my fist.

6am: NiNahBeh. Why so fast?

I arrived in Uni in my neatest shirt, most trendy tie, in fact the only tie, greyest pants and blackest black shoes ever. Somehow, I wasn't as nervous as I thought I would be, at least from what I assumed to be.

The whole event lasted from 8am till 5pm. And Yours Sincerely, was the 2nd presenter. Presenting early in the morning has its pros and cons. Well for one fact is that most for the students will still be suffering from 'why the fuck do i have to wake up so early' syndromes. So as a result, most of them do not give a damn on what you are presenting, prefering to speculate on what's installed for morning tea instead.

But guess what? I suffered from that syndrome as well and coupled with the lack of sleep, I almost couldn't last through my 12 min of presentation. Even my supervisor commented after that, "What happen to you? You sounded so energetic for the first 4 min. Yes, only the first 4 min. After that you sound like you are dying."

In fact, I am.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this has once again emphasize the importance of having enough sleep prior to raging on a self-proclaimed war. Anyway, I am glad that the presentation has finally ended.

I think I should consider electing myself as the President. On my first day upon the royal desk, I will make sure I bar all presentations. Presentations should never be hold in public. You can do it at home with your girlfriend or whoever, I don't care.

On a side note, despite donning on my best presentation attire albeit the only attire, I was hurt emotionally when my friends say I look like Ah Pek.








Seriously, in what way do I look like an Ah Pek?







I even went through the efforts of putting on my victory ankle-socks. You guys just don't appreciate the beauty of ankle socks. Pffttttttt.

Anyway, the Asians whom are in the same final year as me. Comprises of Singaporeans, Malaysians, more Singaporeans, more Malaysians, and an extra Hongkie. Lol.




Peace-Out.

1 comment:

Natalie. said...

Hey, I responded to your question. Check the post comments.

Best!

Natalie