Wednesday, April 30, 2008

History of Camera-lism


I think, my passion for photography is inherited from my father.
Back then, I always wonder why he carries this black box in his hand and keeps asking me to smile for like a stupid retard. It was later when I realise that this certain ugly box was a so-called camera.
I fell in love with it instantly. However, it does sets me wondering why there is always this ugly boy that looks like me in the picture.
My first camera was disposable oneS. Notice I said 'ones' cause I remember there was a period of time when I would always force my mother to buy disposable cameras for me. If she refused, I would make myself a public nuisance by crying.
It never fails. I classify myself Godlike in that.
The second proper camera, if my memory doesn't fail me, came when I was in Primary 4. On and off, I changed several cameras, all using negative films. I never consider photography as my hobby. I just enjoy taking pictures. That's all.
Before I realise, I stopped holding camera for a few years.
I don't know why and I forgotten why. Probably because I failed 'Art' so much in secondary school that for once, I decided to take a picture of that bloody banana and hand it up as something I've drawn.
First digital camera came into my life when I was 20 I think. It was a super dodgy model from Minolta. After using the camera, I understood why I never heard of that brand before.
When I started using Canon IXUS Series cameras a few years back, I fell in love for the 1st time. Even ugly people looks good in the pictures, that's what I call - a good camera. But I seriously wasn't a camera enthusiast at all. I just love taking pictures on every occasions.
After buying my first SLR camera (the current Miss Nikon D40), I think I am actually shooting pictures a lot more; gone were the days of using point-and-shoot cameras. I think I am turning into a camera enthusiast. Although I confess my pictures are bit sucky most of the time. But who says you must be good in your hobby right?
I hereby decided that, I shall conquer the world with my Nikon, till the day I decided to change my love for others =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love love love this 'liquid' photo!!!

The One They Proclaimed Qiang said...

haaa thanks. i took over 100 pics to get this one. lucky i wasnt using negative film. hail the creation of digital camera.