Friday, September 28, 2007

48 Hours That Seems An Eternity

Yesterday finally marks the end of our (TAISA) major event of the year, the Dazen Show.

I believe the above sentence leads to many questions so I shall spend some time explaining these unfamiliar terms. First of all, I am a True Authentic Singaporean who has joined the UQ Taisa Committee (Uni of Queensland Taiwan Students' Association).

Do not ask me why I did not join the Singapore Committee (though I never heard of any) cause I did not come 9000 miles away from Singapore to know only people who are 9000 miles back home.

Secondly, the Dazen Show is a music concert where we invited local Brisbane chinese performers as well as two celebrities, Tank and Zhang Zhi Chen (张智成) to be our guest performers.

The day before yesterday, the committee members had a dinner at this steak house with Tank and Z Chen. I am not one of those fanatics who are crazy over singers but I admit I do like the songs by Z Chen. BUT NOTE: I dont go all gaga when I saw him.

Cause I never recognise him on first sight. Who the fucks wear a cap and dark sunglasses in the middle of the night? Well, he and Tank did.

The highlight of the light was not about them, but rather the food, my steak. I have never eaten such succulent and juicy steak before. I literally had to prevent myself from talking while eating my steak. I was afraid my mouth will squirt juice to the victim sitting opposite me.

I didn't really had the chance to interact with the two singers cause we came in a large group so we were unfortunately seperated into two tables and I was in a different table from them; or should I actaully say I was fortunate to be in the other table.

I heard things were pretty awkward from my friend sitting with them.

So anyway that marks that end of the night, a nice steak plus the only single sentence I exchanged with the two buggers, "The toilet's over there."

I am a loser....

Upon reaching back home, each of us were busy preparing the things needed for Dazen Show which will be held the next day.

The following day, reached Brisbance City Church early in the afternoon to do the setting up of the exterior as well as the convention hall. It was pretty much a new experience for me cause how many of us actually have the chance to get involved in this type of event?

I did not upload any photos in this entry as it is too much of a hassle. But if you guys really want, you can see it some from my Friendster or through the Taisa website (Which I believe the photos haven't been uploaded. The photographers are fucking slackers).

The actual event starts round 7pm and since it was a first come first seat arrangement, the first crowd came around 3pm to start queuing up. My friends were asking me to check whether these people are Singaporeans.

Fuck my friends.

Our music show actually incorporated the ideas used by those major gala shows as in our crowds are all gathered outside the church and we had our performers arrived by cars. They will walk this certain cheap red carpet which we got on sale. But thanks to the spotlights and cheers from the crowd, I believe not much people noticed the quality of the rug.

Ok I guess you guys are getting bored cause I am.

SO bla bla bla, concert goes, first local performers for 2 hours, then Tank came for 45 min. He was ok, not bad. Then Z Chen's turn. He was fucking awesome. I guess it has something to do with his age. He was good at flirting with the crowd.

Concert ends, the committee stayed back to clear up the mess, went for supper and went for a post-concert celebration singing KTV. With who? Yeah with Z Chen =)

And for the first time, I did not sing a single song in KTV.

Why?

The people in the room consisted of some of the performers themselves plus Z Chen. Who the hell dares to sing infront of them. So a group of the committe members and me were like losers beside just humming along to the songs.

Nah Beh CB~

No comments: