Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Rest in Peace, Lighter

As of this moment, I am writing with an extremely heavy heart.

Close friends know that I own this certain special lighter of mine and have been using it for 2 and a half years.

This is remarkable. Ask any smokers around and if they say they have been CONSTANTLY using their lighter for more 2 years, you can call me a gay.

Under the circumstance of constant usage, a normal 50 cents lighter bought from the coffeeshop would last you a good 2 or 3 months. A Zippo lighter is worse. It last you a week before you decide to chuck in underneath the closet.

Anyway you see, Lighter and me has always been constantly sticking together.

Be it going down to buy chicken rice, playing soccer, chasing girls, we have always been side by side. We shared so much memories. Whenever I need to smoke, it always gives me a helping hand by lighting up my cigerattes.

But now, Lighter is no longer the Lighter I once owned.

There is originally this catch that prevents the cap from opening.







But yesterday, I discovered that the catch has somehow snapped off without me realising.



So what happens now is the cap has a tendency to fling itself open without any warnings. It is not that I can't use it anymore, but something is just amiss.



I seriously do not want to risk putting it in my jeans. Without any warning, the cap may, possibly, have a slight chance open and I may, possibly, have a slight chance un-noticingly squeeze on the trigger.
I would be fucked.
That's why if you see any guy with their pants on fire in Orchard Road, go up and say Hi.
That will be me.

No comments: