Sunday, October 07, 2007

The Ultimate Slogan

It has always been an important issue that advertisements must have a slogan that best describes their products, thats is if they want to capture the attention of their consumers.

As the saying goes, If ya have a good slogan, thats half the battle worn. The other half depends on how dumb the consumers are.

If you are selling diapers, your slogan can be Fancy a hussle? Wrap the ass up.

For condoms, Shoot in me Macho. We never allow a single leak.

For sunglasses, Ladies won't ever know you are staring at their boobs.

For diet pills, Got additional money to spend? Be a dumb bitch and buy me home.

Sometime back while I was shopping, I saw this really good advertisement board that made me really impressed. Seriously impressed. It was an advertisement for a Global Positioning System (GPS).



Because She Can't Read Maps
Now that's really very funny and I think the advert is targetting at husbands or guys with girlfriends. Kinda true to a certain extent. I mean no offense to the female counterparts. But out of 10 ladies I know, 8 knows no shit about map reading. The other 2 starts reading the brand of the street directory.
But I must confess, though I do know how to read maps, I absolutely suck in navigating myself around. I never remember the roads or routes to get to places. The only place back in Singapore where I can drive around easily like the back of my palm is the MSC or so-called, Multi-Storey Carpark. I get from the ground floor to the top floor with ease.
When I get my own car, if I ever do, I will make sure I get one of this GPS in my car. Wouldn't it be so cool? I will never drive alone again. Every now and then, my GPS would make sounds like "Turn left in 100 m."
"Drive straight for the next 200m."
And then when you miss a turn, "You miss the previous turn, you Motherfucker."

No comments: