Thursday, August 23, 2007

Four Seasons

Having spent 23 years in Singapore, I could never respond to a question when being asked which season do I like most.

Because yeah, Singapore has only one bloody season other than the occasional few droplets of rain every now and then.

No wait, I am wrong. Singapore does have four seasons; respectively: Hot, A bit hot, Quite hot and Sibeh Hot.

After spending a year in Aussie, I finally experience all the four different seasons so now is perhaps, maybe, possibly got a slight chance that I think I am qualified to say which season I like best.

Summer is crap. Its exactly like Singapore other than the air is drier. This means you dont sweat in gallons, you sweat in litres.

Autumn is so-so. The weather gets cooler but still kinda hot.

Winter is what I am going through now. During the peak of winter, it is seriously too cold. I hate hot weathers, but too cold is too extreme as well. I always have this feeling that I am going to die from coldness should I faint in the streets or when I pee, my urine will frost up forming an iceberg all the way till my *cough cough* eagle. And then I would have to break the iceberg to free myself. The grass starts to become dry and brownish in this period.

Spring is what I think, to be the best. The weather is cooling, perfect for outdoor activities and the once-brownish grass starts showing shades of green. As the saying goes "春天花会开".

And one additional information for you guys who have not step out of Singapore before. Do you know between every transition of season, there will always be this rain that will at least last for a week?

Don't know right~~ Country pumpkins~

I do not know why also, just that yeah, it always rains in Australia whenever it is changing seasons.

Why??????

No comments: