Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Getting Accustomed To Aussie Lifestyle

Been here in Aussie land for a year. How time flies. Still remember the first time I came here and all the things which I thought would only happen to a dumb idiot, happen to me.

But after a year, I must admit that I acutally know more things about surviving in Aussie compared to Singapore. I know nuts about Singapore except how to take MRT to the different areas.

But over here, I learnt how to apply for my own electricity, telephone, internet, pay rents, bills and so on. I guess studying abroad really broaden my horizon. Thanks Singapore once again for rejecting me, I am grateful to you.

One thing I specially like over here is how courteous the drivers were. I drove here quite a number of times as my housemate own a car. I must say the drivers here are really very polite.

Back in Singapore, the drivers were very rude and even though you signal to change lane, 9 out of 10 people wont give in to you, the 10th one was busying sms-ing on his phone.

As a result, I also became one of those inconsiderate drivers who refuse to bulge when someone signals to change lane.

But here in Aussie, it's different. People readily give in to you when you change lane. It's almost as if instead of concentrating on driving, they are always on the look out on whoever wants to change lanes.

They are so polite, so courteous when driving.

But when drivers signal to change lane to the front of me, I refuse to oblige. Instead of slowing down, I speed up to close down the gap for them.

Cause hey, I am a Singaporean at Heart =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

arsehole!!!!

haha...maybe it is also right to maintain the sporean way of driving. Otherwise, when you drive in spore again, u may not be used to it...

It happened to me...I horned only once while driving in aust and never horn again...but immediately, when i drive in spore, i install one air horn!!!

Anonymous said...

yea. thats wat i think too. gotta maintain sporean way of driving or else when i go back singapore, i will nvr make it to my destination on time coz i am constantly giving way to cars!