Thursday, August 09, 2007

Happy 42nd Birthday Singapore!!

Today is the 9th of August.

Today is just another day amongst the 365 days.

Today is the birthday of the country that didn't want me, my country, Singapore.



Around 5pm today, I heard news that there was a celebration in QUT (Queensland University of Technology) for Singapore's National Day and there was a live telecast of the NDP parade. Upon hearing this, I chop chop changed and chop chop went there.

I rushed so much not because I miss watching NDP, I rushed because I miss seeing the icon of "Channel 5". Yeah, though it was an online streaming video, it was broadcast through Channel 5.
When I reached there, it was already pack with Singaporeans. I felt so Singapore. Everyone were speaking in languages I was familiar with, and missed so much.


As the live telecast will be screen in a lecture theatre where it's free-seating arrangements, I decided that I should queue up early so as to avoid breaking my neck at the end of the show. To my dismay, I forgot that I am among a huge flock of the pioneers of Kiasu-ism.


I learnt my lesson. In order to stand out among a group of pioneers of Kiasu-ism, next time, I have to be the king.


There is one thing I gotta say about this year's NDP. It is really much much better compared to previous years. But one thing I find it funny is that there is this red sotong guy who keeps on skating around. Very irritating~

It's Lion Fish lah! What red sotong!!

Oh is it? Sorry, my apologies, he kinda looks like a hae-po also.

And then this white guy who came in a Lamborghini. Hello~ Even our president came in a Mercedes. How can this random guy come in a car better than our president's?

Spending National Day here is really something new. Since when do you see people standing up VOLUNTARILY, saying the pledge and singing the national anthem? Soooo patriotic.

Now let's watch our birthday present for Singapore =)


In case you are wondering what the fuck we are saying, it's "Greetings from Queensland. Happy Birthday Singapore!!"

And thanks for rejecting us from local Universities. That's why we are in Australia, nah beh~

No comments: