Thursday, May 15, 2008

Random Lunch

One year ago, this certain senior friend of mine brought me and my friend (The Chinese who can't speak mandarin. Seriously, I don't know why I was so bad then to give him such a nick; his hokkien sucks as well) to this certain taiwanese eating place. Ever since then, the aroma of the food has been haunting us endlessly.

But the thing is, this certain senior friend is no longer in Brisbane. To worsen things, non of us bothered to remember the route to this eating place cause the road was pretty windy; plus the fact that I am horrendous when it comes to recognising routes. GPS was invented for me.

So anyway, we did try to look for this place a while ago when it was dark but failed, lost our way, almost ran over some dogs, and nearly had an accident. We concluded that this place was cursed.

Skipping the details a bit - today, we found ourselves on the hunt for this eating place again. I mean, it's broad daylight, surely things won't get any tougher. So, after our lectures today, our short trip begins..





Short note: I was constantly winding the windows up and down to take pictures and that for a moment, they nearly kick me out of the car in the middle of the highway.





I have still not good in taking pictures of humans at all. My friend is just 20 and he looks 60 in this picture. Sigh, my fault..





60 year old man looking across the road. Sigh..




Some random car I found along the streets.








Above is my friend's ride. Notice that I didn't blur out his number plate. I would like to call out to my friends in Brisbane. If you ever come across this car, please take out some money. Coins are much preferred and all you have to do is hold the coin in your right hand, walk to the front of the car, and give the front a big scratch. Cheers.



After much turning, swerving, evading and referring to the street directory, we finally found our place. As what I recalled in my memories, the place was indeed very secluded. Located right beside the trackways, in the middle of nowhere; yet providing one of the best taiwanese food I ever tried. Make it Chinese food as well.





What I like about the presentation of the food is that it gives overseas students like us, a sense of feeling that it's home-cooked food with the only difference is that this mum is a 5-star chef.



Yam/Taro milk tea. My all-time favourite. My only choice when I order bubble tea anytime, anyday.




China cigerattes with a, well, very chinese taste.
And no, it's not mine. I have better taste.







No comments: