Monday, May 12, 2008

The Troublesome Thing About Being Alone

If Santa was here to grant me a wish, I would certainly ask for a maid who can cook well; better still, one that's sizzling hot and have legs so long that Cameron Diaz will look like a midget beside her.

No, I don't want a giraffe.

The fact is, I hate it when I get hungry. When I get hungry, it means I have to cook something. When I have to cook something, it means I have to drag myself to the kitchen and make myself smell like a sushi at the end.

I mean I do like cooking but that is only when I am in the mood. And most of the time, I am not in the mood. To me, cooking is just a waste of time and luckily, I am not really one whom commoners consider as a picky eater, or in my terms, The Fucker. I satisfy my hunger easily, even with just a pack of instant noodles.

So sometimes, you can see me just settling my meals with a simple instant food. On special occasions like my birthday, I pamper myself with an extra egg. But well, there are still times when I actually do whip up a decent meal.

For example, today.

I cooked myself a nice replica of claypot rice. Replica in a sense I do not have a claypot and as a result, I dump all my stuff into the rice cooker. You can call it rice-cooker rice if you want.

Even though I did not really pay much effort in preparing the meal, it turns out to be nice - as usual.

What can I say? Talented people like Yours Sincerely performs well in everything. Sigh... It's my curse.




Just in case ya wondering what's that white stuff at the back of the plate, it's what we call, dim sum. Surprise that I can even make DIM SUM?

You should be, cause I am.

The trick is easy. Go to your nearest grocery store and look for instant made dim sum. Just chuck them in hot water and wah lah~ you have yourself dim sum that you can even use to impress the ladies =)

2 comments:

(T) (H) (B) said...

ahhaha. yah. steam it and it'll be yummy. impress the gals and fill ur tummy.

The One They Proclaimed Qiang said...

haaa. if only i could impress gals with steam instant made dim sum. pfftttt