Monday, July 31, 2006

Planning my way home

recently been trying to find out my cheapest way to get home in Nov.

call me Kiasu or what for starting early since there are still 4 months left.

while, its cause i carry the Singapore Spirit Of kiasu-ness in Australia.

i dont care. i just want to get back home. i miss the food my frans and family.

after days of researching and asking around, guess i will settle for my Plan A.

Details of Plan A
- Book online flights for Virgin Blue and Tiger Airways this week.
- On the day itself, head to Brisbane Domestic Airport (9pm) and take plane to Darwin.
- Reach Darwin International Airport(1235am).
-Alight, collect my fucking baggage, cut queue to chop my passport then immediately run brisk walk to board my TigerAirway flight(0305am) to Singapore. (Time allocation for this step is just 2 hours 30 min)
-Arrive in Singapore's Budget Terminal(6am)

Total cost: SGD$447.32

Steps to take should problems arise during Plan A

Problem: Flight to Darwin is delayed.
Solution: Run across 3000 miles (= to many many Singapores) to Darwin International Airport on foot hoping that i can make it in 4 hours.

Problem: Flight doesnt reach Darwin International Airport as time stated.
Solution: Tell the pilot i am due for labour. must faster reach Darwin International Airport.

Problem: Delay in collecting of luggage.
Solution: Hand carry my luggage instead of sending it to the plane. which means cutting my excess luggage meaning dont bring back souvenirs for my frans. maybe just buy those Clip-On Koala Bears cut down on my own luggage.

Problem: Custom officer chop fucking slow.
Solution: Bring my own chop along.

Problem: Queue for chopping is damn long.
Solution: Scatter those Clip-On Koala Bears my own 5 cents and 10 cents on the floor hoping people will come pick them up.

Problem: All the above 5 problems happen to me on that day.
Solution: Pray it wont happen.

As for when i am flying back, have yet to decide but time is confirmed cause there is onli one flight to Singapore by TigerAirways everyday.

but most probably i will leave some allocation after my exams to go visit Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast and other places of interest.

`I am starting to smell Singapore`

No comments: