Sunday, September 10, 2006

Merdeka Night

Now at Dwarfs' Hut after a night of disturbed sleep at their couch. Had nothing except a thin MAS (Malaysia Airline) blanket which they stole borrowed from the plane. If that didnt make me more cold, the rain last night certainly did.

Took lots of pictures yesterday night. Will be updating when i reached home later. Stay tuned folks~~

------------------------------------------------------------------

I was having a relatively good sleep before I was awaken by the constant blowing of the fucking trumpet from my next door neighbours.

Trust me, as much as I have a relatively not-bad temper, there are 2 situations in life which will get me rather pissed off and grumpy.

1st is if I get interrupted from my sleep.

2nd is if you interrupt me from my sleep.

And to top it off, I was hungry. Did you folks heard of the saying? A hungry man IS, my friends, an angry man.

I shoved my blanket to one side, wore my slippers and marched my way out to the next door where the musical notes now seems to form its own shape infront of me.

I stood infront my neighbour's door and raised my feet.

I walked away. I remember my neighbour was an Australian 2 times my size. Though I was angry, I wasnt stupid. I was technically aware of the disadvantages I faced.

Whipped myself a simple meal of maggi mee before I sit down infront of my laptop now blogging away on the night which I much enjoyed yesterday.

Before you proceed on, did I mention that I took lots of pictures? Yup I did took quite a lot of pictures. But I didn't say I will be posting them up. Tsk.

I kinda look forward to the dinner cause they will be babes good food and live band performances which happens to be, my friends. And most importantly, I might be able to impress some chicks with my smart outfit.

Nope, I didnt wear suits of Captain Jack Sparrow or Superman. I just wore simple office clothes. But least it looks smarter compared to my usual uni. wears.

Oh by the way, I havent mention what was this dinner all about right? Pardon me, I just woke up. The dinner was so-called Merdeka Night. It was some sort of celebration of national day for Malaysia.

No you didnt see wrongly. It was national day celebration for Malaysia.

So what was a Singaporean like me doing there?

In case you didnt know, I have mixed blood. My father's a Malaysian (Singapore resident now) and my mother's a Singaporean. That makes me mixed :)

Dinner was in buffet style and boy did I enjoyed it. It really makes that money that burnt a hole in my pocket well spent. It's been sometimes since I ate nice authentic asian food. There were Sweet & Sour Fish, Satay Chicken, Curry Kembing and many others more. But most importantly, there was one dish called Singapore Fried Noodles.

Wo, now this is a 1st step to harmony between Singapore and Malaysia. I thought. Fancy having a Singapore-named food at a Malaysia celebration.

The so-called Singapore Fried Noodles turned out to taste disgustingly awful. Soon, people at my table were saying how awful this Singapore Fried Noodles is, how tasteless Singapore Fried Noodles is. Being the only Singaporean at the dinner. I think you should understand how I feel.

Next time, I shall hold a celebration for Singapore and make a dish call Malaysia Fried Rice. You know what I will do to the fried rice right? Tsk.

Dinner itself was coupled with series of performance. My favourite was of course seeing the bands perform. Both bands happen to be my friends or at least aquaintance. They could sing really well and were really natural performers.

Highlight of the night was when the actual event itself was over but most of the guys still stayed back to rock with the band. We all swamped to the front and started with our partying.

Dont worry, I didnt dance. Ducks dont dance. I just swayed with the rhythm.

Ended the fun night with my 1st watching of English Premier League at the Smurfs' Lodging. Neighbours of the dwarfs.

Arsenal drew 1 - 1. KanNiNahBeh Turban

No comments: