Monday, September 04, 2006

Something Big About This Weekend

If I am mathetically not wrong, think its been quite sometime since I didnt blog for a consecutive 3 days. This weekend was kinda fast for me, cause it was exceptionally fun filled?

Well it may not be really that fun filled, but least it was sorta different from my other week ends over here previously.

Brisbane held a festival on Saturday. It was called River Festival if I am not wrong. Basically it's quite a big event where they show off display their skills on handling fireworks, creativity and a show case of their huge ass of money to buy so much fireworks by setting up fireworks on the river.

Think the festival has been so popular with the local Brisbaners that as early as 12pm, they were already people setting up camps to grab the best views to see the fireworks even though the show only starts at 7pm.

Guess what? For a moment I thought they were SINGAPOREANS~!

CityCat aka river ferry service was closed early in the afternoon so as to faciliate the fireworks later on in the evening. In the end, me and some of the dwarfs gotta rush like mad to Southbank where the event will be held.

The reason why we were late was due to the fact that we missed chinese food so much that we went to CheenaTown in the afternoon, bought food before rushing back home to leave our stuff back at home first.

And due to the fact the CityCat was shut down, it means the only transport left to SouthBank was by BUS~!

Cut cock-and-bull-story short, we managed to reach SouthBank before the dramatic opening of the show at 7pm.

How dramatic?

Try having a jet plane with this fucking huge, AND I MEAN HUGE CHUNK of fire beside its arse and flying so near over your head. You could feel the heat on your skin! For that few short seconds, I thought I was in Singapore!

And not to forget, its DEAFENING sound too. WHHHHHOOOOOOSSSSSSHHHHHH!

I bet even the dead could have been awaken by the sound.

After that was a series of fireworks which was shot all over the place. From the boats in the river to the buildings in the city.



After that was another fly past of the HUGE FIRE ASS JETPLANE~ Its the 2nd time and I caught it both on video.

The combination of all these things is really something different to what I see in Singapore. Although its true we do have jet planes and fireworks too. But well, maybe it's the fact our jet plane had no HUGE FIRE ASS and flew over like so fucking far away and fireworks were also like so fucking far away.

After treating ourselves to a feast of wonderful display on how filthy rich Australians are, we headed back to the Dwarfs' Hut where we could finally prepare our dinner which we bought from CheenaTown.

Mr Chinese Who Cant Speak Chinese though sadly cant speak chinese, but he sure makes a mean meal of assam laksa noodle. Not to forget his very *cough *cough experienced assistant, Yours Sincerly, constantly reminding him, "Hey Mr Chinese Who Cant Speak Chinese, time to put salt. Hey Mr Chinese Who Cant Speak Chinese, I have cut the onions. Hey Mr Chinese Who Cant Speak Chinese, I am done washing the plates."

After that, stayed over at the Dwarfs' Hut as we had another booze drinking little wine-tasting festival of our own.

And well, what's wine-tasting without cigerattes right? I smoked. But hey~! Chill mate~!

I think maybe, perhaps, possibly got a slight chance I have downgraded my status of a Full-Pledged Smoker to a Smoker Who Smokes On Special Occasions. It means, I have lower down my cigerattes intake.
So now instead of smoking everyday, I am smoking only on special occasions. Well, that's a big improvement liao right?


Just for a note, special occasions refers to the following:
- Every even days of the month.
- Every first Saturday of every week.
- Every friend's birthday.
- Every friend's friend's friend's birthday. Means that even if I dont know them, but I know it's their birthday, I shall smoke. It's a toast of cigerattes to them.









K lah, chill la mate, I was just joking on the above :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Better to put back your tag.. Dont seem to have anyone who knows that they can comment. Except me. Hahaha

Anonymous said...

ya la. precisely! nvm la. then good wat. shows tt no one read. so all my details can b disclosed openly

Anonymous said...

haha.. Got pple read lah. Just that no one know they can talk here instead..