Monday, June 04, 2007

Marriage

Ever wondered what marriage is all about?

This is just some thoughts of mine after I watched a show by Richard Gere called "Shall We Dance?"

Why do people want to get married? Or desire to get married?

Is it because you just want to have someone to hold on for the rest of your life?

In my own humble opinion, perhaps it is because we want someone to witness our life.

No one wants to be born into this world and die un-noticed.

There are billions of people in this world. No one will notice you at all. To others, to me, you are just another living organism that is taking in extra oxygen and producing unnecessary carbon dioxide; not to mention the occasional fart.

All human beings want attention. They want someone to witness the things that happen in their lives, the joy and pain one's experience.

Perhaps that is why people get married. You may not have the whole world witnessing your life, but at least you have that one single person who will remember you and sees you through everything.

I guess if I marry, it will perhaps be for this reason too. To let someone know I once existed.


I wouldn't mind stucking to one-gina for the rest of my life.

No comments: