Friday, October 06, 2006

The Art Of Sheep Counting

As much as I like to sleep, there are of course endless numbers of nights which I lie on the bed. And for what feels like an eternity, but I just cant get to sleep.

I believe 10 out of 10 people encounter difficult sleeps. And up till now, different people must have different ways of making themselves fall to sleep. Some believe staring into space will help, some believe reciting Na-Mo-Orh-Me-Tuo-Fuo over and over again will help.

I for one, uses the Art of Sheep Counting when I cant get to sleep.

Trust me, it's serious shit that counting sheeps isnt easy at all. It requires skills. But luckily, you know that I am a True Singaporean At Heart and therefore I am equipped with fucking-the-not-bad-sheep-counting-skills.

Counting sheeps is an art. People complain that it is not an efficient way to get yourself to sleep.

You can count halfway and then lost count of where you counted till. In the end you spend so much trouble thinking where you lost that sheep and you became more awake.

A normal sheep counting normally goes like this "...... 132.... 133..... 135....."

Hey where the fuck did the 134th sheep went off to?

I for one, take special interest in counting sheeps. It has become so fun that I, actually make it a habit of counting sheeps nowadays.

And I take pride on the fact that 2 days ago, I broke my personal record of counting till 655 sheeps.

I stopped counting the 656th sheep not because I fell asleep. But because it was just damn tiring counting them.

And I reckon my farm is too packed with 655 sheeps.

Nonetheless, I seek to break my record of 655 sheeps in days to come.

But actually I was hoping I wont break my record.

Or not it will appear quite obvious to people I really have no life in Australia :(

No comments: