Monday, August 21, 2006

2 more packs...

.... of cigerattes left before I begin my "Sure Try Quit Smoking Campaign".

So nervous, so looking forward to the start of my campaign. Though its therotically speaking not the 1st time I am going to quit smoking, but it's going to be a whole new experience for me.

Prepared lots of tissues with me in case I, like those drug-takers in dramas, suffer from the Need-Of-Nicotine side effect. Sneezing and coughing every moment, needing a rush of nicotine to ease my troubled mind.

To give myself a clearer view, I decided to list down my past achievements as a Smoker:

1) Smoked my 1st Virgin cigeratte at the tender age of 6. I didn't bleed.

2) Bought my 1st and only pack of cigeratte at the age of 6 too. I still remember lying to the cashier that I bought it for my father. If not for the beads of sweat on my forehead, occasional broken voice and trembling hands, I believe I could have been an Oscar nominee.

3) After my 1st pack, I didn't touch any cigerattes anymore till a later age.

4) At 18, I started smoking again. But very seldom do I smoke. It's only on occasions like friends' birthdays or chalets then will I buy cigerattes to smoke.

5) Begin as a full-time smoker at age of 21 when I was in army. Some say due to stress, some say due to peers' influence. None of that is true. I begin full time smoking cause I was filthy rich that time. Army is paying for my food and living and still give me SGD 300 every month. How kind can our government be?

6) Point 5 is crap. Please ignore. Begin as a full time smoker at age of 21. Come to think of it now, I think the reason was I am not too sure myself also. But anyway, thanks to smoking, I was able to run under 9min 44 sec for the 2.4km run for the annual IPPT to achieve Gold. (Chey~! Show off again)

7) Been smoking full time till this day. Left 2 packs of Davidoff Lights before I start my campaign.

I hope I do succeed in quitting smoking. Partially for my health, partially for my wallet, partially for once-certain-special-someone who hopes I quit too.

But knowing myself, fickle minded arsehole not indecisive, just not so sure character that I mention that its a Try Quit Smoking Campaign and not a Sure Quit Smoking Campaign.

Hope things go well....

No comments: