Saturday, August 05, 2006

Back From My 1st Shopping In Aust

Hmm, had wanted to post this post yesterday night but I was just damn to tired. Speaking of which cause I woke up at 800am and only arrived at home at 1130pm.

Went to Harbourtown and Surfer's Paradise with my mates' including Mr Chinese who cant speak chinese, Mr Malay who grow pubic hair on his head and Miss Short who can buy a child's bus ticket and some of their friends.

Since I leave quite far away from Gold Coast where Harbourtown and Surfer's Paradise are
, the day kicked off with pain-staking bus rides and train rides before I reached Harbourtown at 11+am.
Very lively town, with lots of cheap stuff sold all around. I actually took lots of pictures and wanted to post them up. But somehow something was wrong with the uploading of photos so just too bad, no feast of photos for ya mates.
Reason why it was so cheap was cause there were plenty of factory outlets over there. Rip Curl, Nike, Adidas, Polo Ralph, Mambo etc.
Things were so cheap, I think they beat the price of Singapore, JB and some say Batam.
If I was in my normal shopping mood, I tell you, I would have burnt a hole so big in my pocket that it would appear I wasnt wearing any pants.
Bought a Nike 90 III boots for 30AUD. Well that's like SGD 37.70 only mate. You cant find some cheap boots even in Queensway Shopping Centre.
Before you hamp-tan me with "KanNiNahBeh Turban, buy boots for what?!"
Well, reason was cause I play soccer here too and its on field. I only have indoor soccer shoes with me in Aust.
I really wana try running on grass for once instead of skating on the grass.
Plus, my boots in Singapore was already spoilt.
Therefore, with all these points added up, I bought a new one, not to forget, it was a cheap one.
Harbourtown is really a good place to shop for people whose here on holiday or has additional cash to throw. Therefore its really recommended by me. Some people told me the reason why it sells such cheap stuff was cause most of the things they sell here all goods rejected by QC.
But I did look closely at the quality of the stuff here. Unless you bring me a microscope, or not I cant seem to find anything wrong with them. And seriously, the price just makes you forget about everything.
And oh ya, I saw Captain Jack Sparrow at Harbourtown and I took his picture. Too bad cant upload..
After half a day of hectic shopping, except me, we adjourned on a half hour bus ride to Surfer's Paradise.
Call me suah koo or what, but I have been to Bali before yet I found it nothing compared to the beach at Surfer's Paradise. Though it was getting dark at 5pm, the view and waves it made was simply *Muacks, finger licking good.
The water was boo-loo instead of green like our sad-to-say *cough Sembawang *cough Beach *cough.
Thanks to my IXUS 800IS, which ripped off a large part of my savings in Singapore I took a lot of nice shots of the beach there.
Once again cant show you but not to worry. I will be back in Singapore in 4 months time.
After some 30 plus shots, we headed off for dinner at Mr Ken. (Kentucky Fried Chicken)
Been like the best meal I ate so far in Aust. So shiok.. really finger licking good~~
After that, we begin the torturing of the pain-staking bus and train rides back to our home. Due to weekends and intervals of transportation was very scarce, we only managed to reach home at 1130pm though we left at 7pm.
Wad a hell of a ride~

No comments: